Angling Trust Job Vacancies
Angling Trust & Fish Legal
Finance and Business Officer
The Angling Trust is the national governing and representative body for angling in England. It was formed in 2009 following a merger of several predecessor organisations. It is growing rapidly through a mixture of membership growth and increased income from statutory organisations supporting its work to promote and protect angling and the fish stocks on which angling depends.
Fish Legal is a separate organisation that shares offices and many business functions with the Angling Trust and operates throughout the UK, taking civil legal action against polluters and others who damage its members’ waters and advising its member clubs, fisheries and riparian owners.
The organisations need some additional support in our small Finance and Business team with the financial and business administration of Fish Legal and Angling Trust. This new role will work closely with our experienced Finance and Business staff.
As part of the finance and business team;
- Processing payments, invoices and purchase orders;
- Processing bank receipts and bank reconciliations;
- Budget and cashflow monitoring;
- Providing monthly management accounts;
- Processing of payroll, income tax and National Insurance;
- Creating and maintaining up to date records of employment history and staff contracts for employees;
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Finance & Business and Chief Executive.
- Attend Fish Legal Committee Meetings and Angling Trust Board Meetings and record the minutes.
Responsible to: The postholder will report to the Head of Finance & Business, who will conduct annual and interim reviews of performance against targets.
Location: Strelley Hall, Main Street, Strelley, Nottingham, NG8 6PE. Small office in a large complex of attractive period buildings on the edge of a village surrounded by parkland.
Salary: £24,000. Contributory stakeholder pension scheme. Annual salary review in December.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Holidays and working hours: 23 days leave plus Public Holidays. Time off in lieu may be accrued for weekend and significant evening working. 3 days of this annual leave must be taken between Christmas and the New Year. Minimum 37 hours each week, with flexible working hours.
Miscellaneous: Mileage for business travel may be reclaimed at 45p per mile along with other out of pocket expenses on a monthly basis. The job holder may have to attend the Fish Legal offices in Leominster, Herefordshire on occasions. Some home-working may be available at management discretion.
Ideal qualities of postholder: A well-organised and capable individual who is prepared to take the initiative and manage their own workload, with experience of accountancy administration and minute-taking.
- Hold an accounting qualification (minimum AAT) and have a good understanding of accounting practices and procedures;
- Ability to produce clear and accurate management accounts;
- Good IT abilities and in particular knowledge of Sage 50 accounting software and internet banking;
- Well organised, reliable, discreet and efficient;
- High standard of written English;
- Knowledge of payroll processing procedures;
- Ability to work co-operatively in a small team.
- Knowledge of company law and compliance with regulatory bodies;
- Knowledge of employment legislation including the new pensions regulations;
- Knowledge of VAT administration;
- Experience of working in or with a not for profit or third sector organisation
For an application form email email@example.com or telephone 01159 061312
Closing date for applications is 31st August 2013