AT & CRT Cadet & Youth Canal Championship
The Cadet & Youth event to be held on the Shropshire Union Canal at Church Eaton in Staffordshire, ST20 0BA on Saturday 19th September 2020.
Junior event to be held on the Shropshire Union Canal at bridge 51 Soudley TF9 2NB on Sunday 20th September 2020. For the Junior Canal Championship please book on HERE.
The draw will be conducted at 4pm on Friday 18th September on the CRT Facebook page.
Additional car park will be signposted on the morning.
With support from Colmic
These championships sponsored by Angling Direct are organised by the Canal & River Trust, Angling Trust with support from the Izaak Walton (Stafford) Anglers Association and Hodnet Angling Club. The competitions aim to show young anglers how prolific the nation’s canals can be, whilst giving them the chance to show off their skills alongside other like-minded young people, to compete to be crowned as a UK champion angler. There is more information on the Canal & River Trust website https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/fishing/matches-and-competitions/junior-canal-angling-championships
Please note that in the cadet and junior section the maximum length of pole than can be used in the first 60 minutes of the competition is 4 metres and no fishing is allowed beyond the midpoint of the canal in the first hour.
The Championship will be split into 3 categories:
• the Cadet event is open to competitors aged 7-10 years old on the day of the competition. (Saturday 19th Sept)
• the Junior event is open to competitors aged between 11-15 years old on the day of the competition. (Sunday 20th Sept) BOOK JUNIOR TICKETS HERE.
• the Youth event is open competitors aged between 16-20 years old on the day of the competition. (Saturday 19th Sept)
• Cadet participants should arrive at the designated car park between 10 and 10.30am, with three hours of fishing from 12noon until 3pm.
• Youth participants should arrive at the designated car park between 9.30 and 10am, with four and a half hours of fishing from 11.30am to 4pm
Prizes and trophies for both competitions will be presented in a joint ceremony in the main car park at the end of the day.
Entry fee is £5.00, which will be refunded with an Angling Direct voucher to the value of £10 at the prize presentation. Everyone taking part also receives a certificate, plus medal or trophy, with an additional prizes for the top finishers. There will be no refunds for no shows.
For the first time in 2020 in the Cadet & Junior categories, there will be a team of three event decided on points with associated prizes. Whether the three anglers come from a fishing club, school, tackle shop, scouts, or even a group of friends, we want to bring anglers together to share the experience of the day. There is no extra charge for putting a team entry into the match.
To register anglers for the Cadet or Junior team event, an email with the following information should be sent to [email protected] by no later than Wednesday 16th September:
• The three (3) anglers’ names
• The anglers’ Date of Birth
• Team name
To take part in the team event you must already be competing as an individual.
For individual anglers looking to join a Cadet or Junior team, please email the above address to register your interest in fishing for a team.
IMPORTANT – TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS REMINDER
Anglers should follow the specific guidance which applies to the place in which they live. The UK government have made clear that individuals must take responsibility for their own actions and we would ask anglers not to undermine this point by breaking government guidance on travel.
If an angler were found to have travelled illegally then this would be a police matter and we would work with the police as requested to provide any information we were in possession of. It is entirely possible that should an angler travel illegally to fish a competition that they could be disqualified and it is for this reason we are offering anglers travelling from outside of England to fish our competitions the opportunity to claim a full refund within timescales laid out.
Cancellation/Refunds: Please note: If you wish to cancel a ticket, please inform [email protected] by email, and include your name, the name of the qualifier you would like to cancel, your membership number & post code. We require 7 days notice prior to the qualifier in order to process a refund. Any notification outside of this time scale will not be entitled to receive a refund. Please note: There is no secondary market for the sale or transfer of any tickets.
How to enter
• the Cadet event is open to competitors aged 7-10 years old on the day of the competition.
• the Junior event is open to competitors aged between 11-15 years old on the day of the competition. BOOK JUNIOR TICKETS HERE
• the Youth event is open competitors aged between 16-20 years old on the day of the competition.
Ticket sales are now over.