Fisheries Enforcement Workshops
A key element of our fisheries enforcement strategy is to upskill the angling community regarding the law and enforcement.
Fisheries Enforcement Workshops, funded by English freshwater rod licence income, are FREE to attend and an essential part of that process.
Training is provided by the Angling Trust Fisheries Enforcement Support Service’s policing professionals, Environment Agency fisheries enforcement officers and the Institute of Fisheries Management.
Workshops are always well-attended by local neighbourhood and specialist wildlife crime police officers, and Agency enforcement staff, so are also a great place to meet your local contacts.
Sessions covered include:
- Fishing without permission and fish theft: Theft Act 1968
- Health & Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Conflict Resolution
- Environment Agency fisheries enforcement – how it works
- Best Practice for angling club bailiffs and fishery rules
- Rod licence compliance – how we can all help
- Practical demonstration of what to look for: nets, lines and traps
Fisheries Enforcement Workshops have been postponed until 2021 due to Covid-19.