The Great Fishing Prize Draw 2023 – Terms and Conditions
There are six individual concurrent prize draws under the main Great Fishing Prize Draw banner. The following terms and conditions apply to each of these draws.
Angling Trust is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 30460
There are six individual prize draws under the main banner of The Great Fishing Prize Draw. The individual prizes are:
- Passion for Angling prize draw -This prize is two people to spend a day fishing, chatting and reminiscing with Chris Yates and Hugh Miles! ‘The date in July ’23 will be agreed between the prize winner, Hugh and Chris and will be a relaxing day of traditional fishing for small tench, crucians and carp in deepest Dorset, with Chris’s story telling and Sue’s famous cake washed down with Chris’s Kelly Kettle tea.
- David Seaman prize draw – Win a day’s fishing for one with Arsenal and England goalkeeping legend and Fishing Republic Ambassador David Seaman! David is passionate about angling, sharing his knowledge and promoting all of the fantastic benefits of angling too. He’s also a great storyteller so expect some unique insights from his sporting career. And that’s not all – our lucky prize winner for this draw will also receive a £250 Fishing Republic gift voucher! Plenty of opportunity to get kitted out before the big day… Date and venue to be agreed between the prize winner and David Seaman.
- Jeremy Wade prize draw – Win a day fishing for one with AT Ambassador, author, activist and star of River Monsters, Dark Waters and Mysteries of the Deep Jeremy Wade! Learn about his travels and the fish he most enjoyed catching whilst spending a day pike fishing on the Somerset levels to see if you can catch your own river monster… Date and venue to be agreed between the prize winner and Jeremy Wade but likely to be end of September/early October 2023.
- Will Raison prize draw –Win a day’s coaching or fishing for one with match angling legend Will Raison! Spend a day with Will and learn from the master at renowned venue Raison’s Gold Valley, Aldershot. He will tailor your day to cover a mix of styles or even something specific. If easier, you can even use all of Will’s gear. He may even have some prototypes to let you have a try with! Date to be agreed between the prize winner and Will Raison.
- Dave Lewis prize draw – Win a day’s shark fishing for two with author, angling journalist and sea fishing obsessive Dave Lewis! You’ll spend the day onboard Celtic Wildcat with Dave Lewis and Rob Rennie sailing from Milford Haven. Date to be agreed between the prize winner and Dave Lewis but preferably Summer 2023.
- Hywel Morgan prize draw – Win a day fly fishing for one with Welsh angling star Hywel Morgan! Hywel is well known for his television work, record breaking fly casting skills and achievements on the competition scene so you are definitely in expert hands. Join Hywel on an exclusive Gwent Angling club water on the river Usk, near Abergavenny. Date and exact venue to be agreed between the prize winner and Hywel Morgan.
Tickets for the Great Fishing Prize Draws will be on sale from 10am 9th January to 8pm 19th February 2023 inclusive. The draws will take place on Thursday 23rd February 2023.
Entry will be online only and each of the six draws will have a maximum of 5,000 online tickets available.
If all 5,000 online tickets available for a draw are sold prior to 19th February 2023, the online entry website for that draw will be closed early.
By entering any of the six draws, entrants agree to be bound by these rules:
Entry to this draw will be online only accessed via the Angling Trust website at https://anglingtrust.net/the-great-fishing-prize-draw-2023/ There are no postal or telephone entries to this draw.
Each ticket for this draw will cost £5. Payment for entry is by debit card only. Entrants are limited to a maximum of 10 tickets in total across all or any of the six draws. The maximum of ten tickets may be for one or more of the draws in each transaction and applies to the entire basket across the six draws and not for each individual draw.
Tickets may be purchased by anyone of 18 years of age or older, irrespective of whether they are a member of Angling Trust or not. Entrants will need to confirm their age, their name (forename and surname) and contact details during the purchase process. No tickets to be sold to or by persons under the age of 18. If a winner of a prize draw wishes to share their prize with anyone under 18 years of age, they must be accompanied on the prize day by a parent, relative or guardian over the age of 18 years.
Entrants may be required to provide a copy of their driving licence or passport if we have any doubt about their age. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. The Gambling Act 2005 places a statutory duty upon the Angling Trust to verify that participants are 16 years old or over. Any underage entrants found to be using a false date of birth will have their entry invalidated. Persistent attempts by underage persons to enter the raffle through the online system may result in their email address(es) being blocked by our servers.
No cash alternative will be given. Transport to and from the venues participating in the draw and any accommodation costs are not included in the prize.
The winning ticket for each of the six draws will be drawn by random selection using a random number generator.
The winner for each draw will be notified by email and may be contacted by telephone.
The winner of each draw consents to their contact details being shared with the organiser of each prize and consents to the Angling Trust naming them as a prize winner in subsequent Great Fishing Prize Draw publicity.
The names of all six winners will be available from Angling Trust, Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, HR6 8DQ after 23rd February 2023.
All profits of the Great Fishing Prize Draw will be used to support the work of the Angling Trust.
Angling Trust employees and directors, Fish Legal employees and committee members and immediate family of the same are not permitted to enter the draw.
Angling Trust is aware of the problems gambling may cause. If you think you might have a problem with gambling, then please visit gambleaware.co.uk or call the GamCare Helpline on 0808 8020 133 for information or advice on how to gamble responsibly.
The Angling Trust supports the work of GambleAware.
The Angling Trust aims to ensure that any issue regarding our raffles and draws are dealt with promptly and in confidence.
If you wish to make a complaint, then please contact our in-house membership team in any of the following ways listed below.
By Telephone to our membership team on 0343 5077 006 (Option 1)
By email to [email protected]
In person, at our head office address: Angling Trust, 6 Rainbow St., Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
In writing to: Angling Trust, 6 Rainbow St., Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
Your complaint will be fully investigated, and a response issued within 10 working days.
If you are still not happy with the response the issue will then be referred to the Chairman of the Angling Trust via the address above.
If the matter cannot be resolved internally by the Angling Trust, it would then be referred to IBAS (Independent Betting and Adjudication Service).
Your data, Privacy and GDPR
Angling Trust is committed to protecting your privacy. Data that we collect from you in connection with these draws is used lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and is used solely for the purpose of processing your purchase of draw tickets, subsequent entry into the draw, informing you if you have won a prize and, only where you consent, for providing you with information from the Angling Trust relating to Angling Trust and Fish Legal membership, events, products, services and fundraising.
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. To obtain this information, please contact us in writing at Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 8DQ. You may be asked to provide proof of your identity prior to personal information being disclosed to you.
We respect your privacy and will not sell, rent or grant access to any of the personal data we collect about you to any third parties without your express prior permission.
We may share aggregated information to third parties. This will not contain personal information that can identify any individual person.
In making an online entry of a draw ticket, you understand that information relating to your entry in the Angling Trust’s Great Fishing Prize Draw will be passed on to our I.T. partner for processing purposes only.
By default, you are opted out of receiving any promotional mailings from Angling Trust. During the entry process, you have the option to opt in to receive promotional mailings. Your decision to opt in or not, has no bearing on your entry to the draw. If you choose to opt in, you will receive information from the Angling Trust relating to Angling Trust and Fish Legal membership, events, products, services and fundraising. The Angling Trust is committed to controlling costs and as such would ask that you agree that wherever practical our preferred method of communication will be email. We respect your privacy and will not sell your personal information to any third party without your consent. If you do opt in to promotional mailings, you can rescind your decision to opt in by contacting our membership team on [email protected] or by calling 0343 5077 006 (Option 1).
We may be obliged to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, for example to statutory bodies such as the Gambling Commission or other government bodies.
Angling Trust shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Angling Trust, our partners or you from time to time.
Any delays or failures in any systems used by Angling Trust, our partners or you to transmit e-mails.
Any failure in any software or other systems used by Angling Trust or our partners for the administration of the raffle.
Any delays of failures in the banking system used by Angling Trust or you.
Any failure to enter your ticket(s) into the draw.
Any event beyond the reasonable control of Angling Trust.
Angling Trust shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the draw (including loss of the opportunity to enter the draw and / or the chance of winning a prize).
Proper Law and Jurisdiction
The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these rules and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.