Dean Asplin, Angling Trust’s Partnership Development Manager (South), wants to hear from your club or fishery and volunteers or angling coaches in East Sussex and Kent…
£100 worth of Get Fishing books for the first five new Get Fishing event partners!
I work for the National Governing Body for Angling the “Angling Trust” as the Partnership Development Manager. It’s part of my job to get more people to try fishing and therefore hopefully become lifelong anglers.
Every year we run over 500 ‘Get Fishing‘ days nationwide all of which can be found on our events website www.getfishing.org.uk. These events are generously funded by the Environment Agency using money from fishing licence sales.
I’m proud to say that we are able to deliver events nationwide, so that wherever people live in England, during the spring and summer months they are never far away from a Get Fishing event. This means the whole country has an opportunity to discover the wonders of angling, get out and be active with their families, and enjoy the physical and mental health and wellbeing benefits that going fishing brings to thousands of people each year.
However when reviewing our heatmap of events I noticed that we have a couple of “cold-spots” on my patch. East Sussex and Kent have less events running than in other counties…
ARE YOU IN EAST SUSSEX OR KENT?
I NEED YOUR HELP!
To fix this I need angling clubs, coaches, volunteers or fisheries to come forward and become part of Get Fishing campaign. Can you help us with running a Get Fishing event? It’s really simple – all I ask is that you collect some extremely simple info about the attendees at your Get Fishing events. That’s pretty much it! In return I will support you with:
- Environment Agency fishing licence waivers – FREE one day licences for event attendees
- A ‘Get Fishing Event Guide‘ – everything you need to run fun, safe friendly events
- Grant fund applications – cut through all that paperwork and red tape!
- Promotion – more profile, more members, more day ticket sales
- Event support – get your new anglers ready to start fishing
AND, for the first five new event organisers to join the Get Fishing campaign…
- 10 FREE copies each of the new Get Fishing book (…worth £99.99!)
Call, text or email me NOW – 07854 239 731 [email protected]
It would be great to hear from you!
Partnership Development Manager (South), Angling Trust
Email me: [email protected]
Call, or leave a message: 07854 239 731
About Dean: A keen big-carp and all-round angler, Dean has been working in Angling Development for 10 years. Contact Dean about free fishing events that he runs which are funded by the Environment Agency, as well as funding for schools, clubs and fisheries to run events like this: [email protected]
More blogs from Dean:
- How fishing can solve isolation amongst the elderly: Dean Asplin On Fishing Solving Social Isolation in the Elderly
- Volunteering Excellence Award for Devon Angling Coach: Volunteering Excellence Award for Devon Angling Coach
- Come on – let’s get people fishing this autumn!: Come on – let’s get people fishing this autumn