L1 AT Online AB
- This course will enable you to take the first step on the angling coaching ladder and work in support of more qualified angling coaches. It’s open to anyone aged 16 or over with experience in any angling discipline (Coarse, Game or Sea).
- You’ll use Zoom conferencing for the online group sessions and your tutor will email you an invitation to join in. Ideally you should use a hands-free device with a reasonable screen size for the online sessions.
- If you use an iPad or other Apple device you may need to download the Zoom software (the free version is suitable).
- To access and complete the coursework documents you’ll also need Microsoft Word.
- You must take part in all the online sessions as shown below, and submit your completed coursework to the tutor. For the final day your tutor will allocate you an individual assessment session of around 45 minutes.
Saturday 27th February 2021, 9 am to 12 midday (group session)
Tuesday 2nd March, 6 pm to 9 pm (group session)
Saturday 6th March, individual 45-minute time-slots between 9 am and 12 midday
Download information here: Online L1 coaching courses, overview
Please note that this course doesn’t teach you to fish, but focuses on skills and techniques for passing on the knowledge, experience and expertise that you already have.
As soon as we have new public events ready to open for booking, we’ll make them available. If you don’t see details of an attended event near you it doesn’t mean we don’t run them in your area, but currently there isn’t a course available there.
Centre staff won’t be able to advise about future courses besides those already displayed, but you might like to be added to our Enquiry List. If so, please email [email protected] with your name and approximate location. It’s helpful if you can also say whether or not you could consider an online Level 1 course.
How to enter
Online courses can accommodate from 2 to 4 participants.
Booking closes 4:30 pm on Wednesday 17th February 2021, or when all places are taken.
Click the “Buy” button to start the booking process, supply the required personal information and make payment by credit or debit card.
If you are to be partly or wholly funded by a third party (for example an angling club or employer) so that you can’t book using this online facility, please email [email protected] as soon as possible.
Please note that the sending of your confirmation and receipt is not automated, so if you book over a weekend or holiday period when the Coaching Centre and Accounts departments are not staffed it will take a little longer before you receive those documents.