L2 Marsh Farm Q
- This course will enable you to plan and deliver coaching activities, taking sole charge or directing the activities of other coaches.
- It’s open to anyone aged 18 or over with experience in any angling discipline (Coarse, Game or Sea). You must be 18 by the first day of your course.
- Applicants for a Level 2 course must hold a 1st4sport Level 1 qualification in Coaching Angling or have had confirmation from the Coaching Centre Manager of exemption from Level 1.**
** If you are currently undertaking your Level 1, we recommend that you consult your L1 tutor before booking a Level 2 place. You should have your Level 1 certification (or exemption) in place/confirmed by Coaching Centre staff before taking your Level 2 course.
Schedule (attended format event)
- Saturday 7th January 2023 (approximately 0900-1700)
- Sunday 8th January 2023 (approximately 0900 – 1700)
- Assessment day: Saturday 11th February 2023 (approximately 0900-1700)
Venue: Marsh Farm Fishery, Station Lane, Enton, Godalming GU8 5AE
Components of the course
The course starts with two days at the specified venue: you work with your tutor and the other members of the course group.
After Day 2 there is a break of some weeks in which you plan and deliver four linked and progressive coaching sessions, with their associated risk assessments and self-evaluations. (You complete these at your own club, fishery or project: they aren’t arranged by Angling Trust staff or your tutor.)
You attend the assessment day to which you bring your coursework and the results of your linked sessions. This will be at the same venue as Days 1 and 2.
Requirements for qualification at Level 2
► You must take part in the required sessions, and must complete the activities, linked coaching sessions and coursework.
► In addition before you can be certified at Level 2 you must supply the Coaching Centre Administrator with evidence of the following:
- a suitable current First Aid certificate
- a UK Coaching certificate for Safeguarding & Protecting Children, issued in the last 18 months.
First Aid and UKC Safeguarding are not part of the Level 2 course itself, but please use the links above to view information to help you source training which will meet the qualification criteria.
General information about content, requirements and availability
Coaching Centre staff can’t advise beforehand what further courses will become available, or how soon.
If you can’t see a suitable event displayed or if there are no spaces remaining, please email [email protected] with your name and location plus the Event Number or the venue name and approximate date of your Level 1 coaching course, and ask to be added to the enquiry list.
How to enter
Booking closes 4:30 pm on Wednesday 21st December 2022 or when all places are taken.
Click the “Get ticket” button to start the booking process, supply the required personal information and make payment by credit or debit card.
If you are to be partly or wholly funded by a third party (eg angling club, employer or AIF 50% bursary) so that booking via this online facility is not possible, please email [email protected] as soon as possible, quoting the name and/or start date of your selected event.
Ticket sales are now over.