L2 Selston B NOT RUNNING
THIS EVENT IS NOW POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LATEST COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS. As soon as it is feasible to arrange a new schedule for this event and/or offer further Level 2 courses, we will update the coaching webpages accordingly.
Original dates: Saturday 20th February 2021, Sunday 21st February and Sunday 21st March (Attendance required each day from 9:30 am to approximately 5 pm)
Please note that delivery of this and any other attended course will be dependent upon Covid-19 regulations and restrictions in place for the location and scheduled dates.
For the latest information on how fishing activities are affected, please see our Covid-19 Hub.
When normal service can be resumed:
- This course will enable you to plan and deliver coaching activities, and to take sole charge or to direct the activities of other coaches. It’s open to anyone aged 18 or over with experience in any angling discipline (Coarse, Game or Sea).
- Applicants for a Level 2 course need to hold a 1st4sport Level 1 qualification in Coaching Angling or to have had confirmation from the Coaching Centre Manager of exemption from Level 1.
- The course takes place over three days, with assessments on Day 3. Before the final day you must have completed four linked and progressive coaching sessions with their associated risk assessments and self-evaluations.
- You must attend all days of the set schedule, and complete the activities and coursework.
- In addition before you can be certified at Level 2 you will need to hold a suitable current First Aid certificate and to have completed a UK Coaching workshop for Safeguarding & Protecting Children. (These are not included in the Level 2 course, but information is provided about sourcing training which will meet the qualification criteria.)
As soon as we have new public events ready to open for booking, we’ll make them available. If you don’t see details of an event near you it doesn’t mean we don’t run them in your area, but currently there isn’t a course available there.
Centre staff won’t be able to advise about future courses besides those already displayed, but you might like to be added to our Enquiry List. If so, please email [email protected] with your name, location and the Event Number of your Level 1 coaching course or the date of your Level 1 certification.
How to enter
Booking has been suspended as this event has had to be postponed in accordance with the current Covid-19 restrictions.
Details will be updated once we are able to offer new arrangements.
Ticket sales are now over.