AT & CRT Canal Pairs Championship
OPEN FOR ENTRIES
Qualifying Heats 2020
• Sunday 21 June Coventry Canal, Coventry, Dave Allibone, max. 25 pairs
• Sunday 28 June Grand Union Canal, Bugbrooke Birds Haulage, Chris Howard, max. 31 pairs
• Sunday 12 July Shropshire Union Canal, Soudley, Dave Watkins & Terry Nutt, max. 50 pairs (moved from Sunday 24 May)
• Sunday 19 July Grand Union Canal, Bugbrooke Banbury Lane, Chris Howard, max. 31 pairs
• Saturday 25 July Gloucester & Sharpness Canal, Mark Treasure (moved from Sunday 7 June)
• Sunday 26 July Shropshire Union Canal, Pendeford, Paul Turner, max. 41 pairs (moved from Sunday 14 June)
• Sunday 2 August Dudley Canal, Steve Robson
• Saturday 8 August Forth & Clyde Canal (Scottish Heat), Gus Brindle CANCELLED
• Sunday 9 August Moira Canal, Furnace & Donisthorpe, David Gough, max. 26 pairs (moved from Sunday 10 May)
• Sunday 16 August Shropshire Union Canal, Goldstone and Soudley, Dave Watkins & Terry Nutt, max. 50 pairs (moved from Sunday 30 August)
• Saturday 22 August Kennet & Avon Canal, Hungerford, John Williams (moved from Saturday 6 June)
• Sunday 23 August Tring Aylesbury Arm, Dick Pilkinton
• Saturday 5 September Gloucester & Sharpness Canal, Mark Treasure (unlimited numbers)
• Sunday 6 September, Bridgewater Canal/Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Leigh, Danny Martin, max. 50 pairs
• Sunday 13 September Lancaster Canal, Mike Wilson
• Sunday 20 September Grand Union Loughborough, Geoff Quinn/Joff Woodgett
• Saturday 26 September Trent & Mersey Canal, Rugeley, Alan Round/Tony Vandome
• Sunday 27 September Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal (South Wales Heat), Iain Swanson
• Sunday 27th September Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Saltaire, Richard East (Re-arranged from 19th September)
• Saturday 3 October Trent & Mersey Canal, Middlewich, Neil Latham (unlimited numbers)
• Saturday 3 October Kennet & Avon Canal, Pewsey, Alan McColm
• Sunday 4 October Llangollen Canal, Fenns Bank (North Wales Heat), Dave Watkins & Terry Nutt
• Saturday 10 October 2020 Grand Union Canal, Foxton, Peter Laughton (moved from Saturday 16 May)
Rearrangement in discussion
Sunday 31 May Grand Canal, Offaly (Irish heat), Geoff Quinn
Saturday 13 June Stainforth & Keadby Canal, Mike Storey
The Canal Pairs Championship Final will take place on Saturday 24th October on the Trent & Mersey Canal (Middlewich & Wheelock).
HOW TO BOOK TICKETS
Closing dates for purchasing tickets will be the Wednesday prior to each qualifier at 3:30pm. Please check the individual events on the site for confirmation of this.
Ticket prices remain at £40.00 per pair per qualifier.
Anyone wishing to take part in this event MUST BE 18 years of age and above
Please be aware that pegs are limited per qualifier, so entries are on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no reserve lists for 2020.
The AT & CRT Canal Pairs Championship is open to both members & non-members of the Angling Trust. However, all participants in the final must be a member of the Angling Trust. You can join the Angling Trust as a member by telephoning the Membership Office on 0343 5077 006 (Option 1) or visiting www.anglingtrust.net/membership
In order to book tickets, you will need to provide an email address when entering each entrant’s details. The tickets will be emailed to the email address/es provided and you must print these tickets and take both of them with you on the day of the match. Tickets are non-transferable between pairs or qualifiers.
Cancellation/Refunds: Please note: If you wish to cancel a ticket, please inform [email protected] by email, and include your name, the name of the qualifier you would like to cancel, your membership number & post code. We require 7 days notice prior to the qualifier in order to process a refund. Any notification outside of this time scale will not be entitled to receive a refund. Please note: There is no secondary market for the sale or transfer of any tickets.
The qualifiers are increasing in 2020 to 25 qualifiers with pegs varying from 26-75 pegs per qualifier.
Many thanks to our sponsors Dynamite – please check out their super products.