If you own or manage a commercial fishery or if you own private fishing rights on rivers or stillwaters, then our great value fishery membership packages are designed for you.
We champion your concerns and interests to Government and its agencies including the Environment Agency, Canal and Rivers Trust and Natural England on all fishery related matters including predation, pollution and environmental legislation. We’ll also provide free expert advice and fact sheets on fisheries management issues such as predator control, invasive species and health and safety, as well as offering guidance on finance and grants to improve your fishery.
In addition, fishery members automatically benefit from our industry-leading member insurance package with a liability limit of £10 million. The cover includes: public liability, employer’s liability and trustee’s liability. Find out more about insurance provided by Howden Insurance Brokers here.
Fishery membership also includes Fish Legal membership thus ensuring that you receive expert legal advice on angling and fishery related matters should you require it.
What can Fish Legal help with?
- Pollution of rivers, stillwaters and canals, including; sewage and other water company pollution, agricultural pollution such as slurry and silage, chemical pollution, siltation
- Planning threats that pose a risk to fisheries; from hydroelectric schemes to tidal lagoons, factory farming units to major housing developments
- Damaging in-river works, including canalisation of banks and dredging
- Challenging unlawful decision-making by regulators and public authorities via judicial review
- Accessing information from government, regulators and privatised utilities using information law
What support will I receive as a Fish Legal member?
- Direct access to lawyers specialising in environmental and fisheries law
- The full cost of barristers and expert scientists if they are needed to fight your case
- The protection of a ‘fighting fund’ that has been built up through members subscription, donations and legacies over several decades
- The costs of paying the other side’s legal costs in the unlikely event that your case is lost in court
- Access to a large range of factsheets on common legal issues affecting fisheries and angling clubs including disability law, health and safety, navigation law, GDPR and pitfalls to look out for in leases and licences
Fish Legal can take legal action on your behalf against pollution and other environmental damage or threats to your fishery, meeting the cost and passing on 100% of any compensation won.
Prices start from as little as £225 per year – can you afford not to be a member? Join today.
Insurance renewal for your Fishery not due yet? Simply complete a few details here and we will contact you nearer the time with membership details that include £10m of Public Liability insurance cover.Join now
Membership of Fish Legal
Marketing your fishery
10% discount on products and services from Aquamaintain
20% off Clubmate member management software
10% off aerators from Aquaculture Equipment
15% off Marmax recycled fishing pegs and platforms
“As soon as I joined the Angling Trust and Fish Legal, the benefits for a Fishery Owner very soon became apparent. With Fisheries facing new challenges all the time, I believe all Riparian Owners & Fishery Owners cannot afford not to be members. Having the knowledge that expert advice is a phone call away is a great reassurance.”
– Graeme Fanner (Fishery owner)
“I have worked with Fish Legal on two occasions and they were extremely professional and unceasing in pursuing both polluters. If you are involved in a fishery, please support Fish Legal and take out a membership. They are the best conservation and fishery lawyers in the UK!”
– Roy Hart (Fishery owner, member of the Ilford and District Angling Club)
The current subscription rates for membership are:
Size of fishery Price
Under £10,000 turnover £225
£10,000 to £50,000 turnover £300
Over £50,000 turnover £365
Why not become a 10% Club fishery too? This entitles you to at least two Fishery Reports a year to feature on our Regional Facebook pages in your area in return for offering 10% off ticket prices to Angling Trust members.
These reports are exclusively for 10% Club fisheries and will include your Fishery name, contact details and photos of your venue as well as updates on recent catches, best baits and methods. Our team here will edit and post them, we just need you to send us the details that will showcase how your Fishery is doing, what people are catching and the facilities you have available. If you are interested in being a 10% Club fishery, please select ‘10% Club fishery’ from the drop down category menu when you join online or if you prefer, please give a member of our team a call on 0343 507 7006.